What’s in the box?
– Forerunner 735 XT
– USB Charging cable
– Quick Start Manual Tri Bundle Only
– HRM Tri
Physical and Performance
– Physical dimensions: 1.75″ x 1.75″ x 0.47″ (44.5 x 44.5 x 11.9 mm)
– Display size: 1.23″ (31.1 mm) diameter
– Display resolution: 215 x 180 pixels
– Color display
– Weight: 1.4 oz (40.2 g)
– Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion
– Battery life: Up to 24 hours in UltraTrac mode without optical HR; up to 14 hours in activity mode with GPS and optical HR; up to 11 days in watch mode, including activity tracking, smart notifications and optical HR tracking
– Water rating: 5 ATM
– High-sensitivity receiver
Smart notifications (displays email, text and other alerts when paired with your compatible phone)
– Vibration alert
– Music control
– Find my phone
– VIRB control
– Watch functions Includes date and alarm
Maps and Memory
– History 80 hours of activity data
– V02 max estimate
– Recovery advisor
– Race predictor
– Running dynamics
– Accelerometer (calculates distance for indoor workouts, without need for a foot pod)
– Cycling Features
– Compatible with Vector
– Bike speed/cadence sensor: Yes (optional)
– Heart rate monitor: Yes (wrist-based)
– Foot pod: Yes (optional)
– Virtual Partner (train against a digital person)
– Virtual Racer (compete against other activities)
– Courses (compete against previous activities)
– Auto Pause (pauses and resumes timer based on speed)
– Auto Lap (automatically starts a new lap)
– Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout)
– Auto multisport (switch sport modes with 1 button press)
– Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts)
– Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace)
– Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal)
– Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals)
– Heart rate-based calorie computation
– Calculates calories burned
– Training Effect (measures impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness)
– Customizable screen(s)
– Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT plus – enabled power meters)
– Shock Resistant
– Pool swim metrics (lengths, distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories)
– Stroke type identification (e.g. freestyle)
– Open water swim metrics (distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories)
– Swim workouts
Activity Tracking Features
– Step counter
– Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal)
– Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it)
– Sleep monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep)
– Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
– Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer)
– Physiological measurements: Yes
– Interface: USB
– Run/walk feature: Yes
– Projected finish time: Yes
– Race an activity: Yes
– Custom alerts: Yes
– Customizable lap screen
– Connect IQ app support: Yes (watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps)
– GPS/GLONASS: Yes
– Wireless Connectivity: Yes
– ANT plus: Yes
– UltraTrac: Yes
GPS Running Watch with Multisport Features and Wrist-based Heart Rate
– Measures heart rate at the wrist so you can run freer on race day
– Provides advanced dynamics for running, cycling and swimming, including ground contact time balance, stride length, vertical ratio and more
– Offers VO2 max estimate, lactate threshold, race predictor and recovery advisor
– Connected features: smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking and more
– Customize with free watch faces, apps and more from our Connect IQ™ store
You Do It All, Now Your Watch Can Too
– Be a better athlete today than you were yesterday with Forerunner 735XT. This GPS running watch with multisport features is for athletes who want dialed-in data for training and a lighter load on race day. A smaller form factor and comfortable band make 735XT the ideal watch to get you from workout through workday. Connected features4 like automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, our free online fitness community, let you share your stats and triumphs through social media.
Run, Sprint, Swim, Bike, Tri
– Your routine is anything but routine. Forerunner 735XT lets you change things up with ease thanks to built-in activity profiles for running (indoor/outdoor), cycling (indoor/outdoor), swimming (pool/open water), cross-country skiing, paddle sports, trail running, hiking and strength training.
– For brick workouts and du/triathlon races, the auto multisport feature lets you switch sports with just one button press. 735XT is compatible with advanced workouts for running, cycling – and even pool swimming. Create your own custom workouts and download for free from Garmin Connect. Then review your past efforts on the app or share them with family and friends for added motivation.
Wrist-based Heart Rate Monitors Your Ticker
– Forerunner 735XT has built-in Elevate heart rate technology to measure heart rate at the wrist. That means you can run freer when it’s time to toe the line. No need to wear a chest strap to see your heart rate zone and beats per minute in real time, displayed on a colorful gauge.
Train Your Heart Out
– Wrist-based heart rate may suit your needs to a “T” on race day, but when it comes to training and recovery, you might want more dialed-in data. With Forerunner 735XT, you have options. Here are some of the advanced metrics you’ll gain with the addition of a heart rate strap.
– Running dynamics such as ground contact time balance, stride length, vertical ratio and more
– VO2 max estimate, lactate threshold, race predictor and recovery advisor
Underwater heart rate for swimming
– With the integration of the Strava Live Suffer Score, you can get street cred for your sweat. Strava Suffer Score analyzes your heart rate during a workout and ranks your total activity effort. With the purchase of a 735XT you get a 60-day free trial to Strava Premium, so you can see your suffer score and use it to push yourself harder than ever. Your suffering has value, so use it.
Raise the Bar for Every Ride and Run
– Forerunner 735XT is the first running watch that’s compatible with Strava Live Segments and includes a 2-month trial of Strava Premium. With this membership, your starred Strava running and cycling segments automatically sync with the 735XT for live feedback during your activity. Also get alerts for segment starts and finishes, view leaderboard rankings, and see how your current effort compares to your PR. Make every effort a personal challenge with Strava Live Segments.
Connect and Customize
– Smart notifications, automatic uploads4 to Garmin Connect and live tracking make 735XT the ultimate smartwatch for athletes. Keep your phone tucked away when you’re on a long ride or run, and get all your notifications at the wrist so you can decide to respond or keep moving. Also, with Garmin Connect Mobile’s ability to share your runs and workouts, cheerleading doesn’t just take place at the sidelines anymore. Your friends and family can view and comment, no matter how far away they are. You can even customize your device with free watch faces, apps and data fields from Connect IQ to really make 735XT your watch.
– LiveTrack lets family and friends track your location in real-time while you’re riding, and now it’s even easier to use. When you enable auto-start, you can spend more time focusing on the ride and less on the technology. LiveTrack will automatically detect when you start riding, which means there’s no need to even reach for your phone anymore. Auto-start is also compatible with the new Strava Beacon, which lets Strava Premium subscribers take advantage of the same great feature. It’s never been easier for you and your loved ones to have peace of mind while you ride.
Save Your Sweat Equity
– Get more from your miles at Garmin Connect, our free online community where you can save, plan and share activities. Beat yesterday by nailing a new PR – we’ll keep track so you can view your victories all in one spot. Get digital insights6 tailored to your stats and habits, like cues to move and healthy tips. Connect with other users to challenge and compete. Available on your compatible mobile device.
A Few More Extras
– Just like you, Forerunner 735XT goes hard, all day long. This watch becomes your partner in recovery with all-day activity tracking that monitors steps, calories and sleep. It’s also compatible with our line of Varia cycling awareness devices, including rearview radar, smart bike lights and Varia Vision in-sight display.
Wear Your Personality on Your Sleeve
– Download the free Garmin Face-It watch face app to customize your device with any photo from your smartphone. Just download the app, choose an image from your photo library, adjust the style for time and set it as your watch’s face. Whether it’s a scenic view from your last hike or a picture of your new puppy, with Garmin you can add personality to your watch that’s uniquely you. Available on App Store and Google Play.
Activity tracking accuracy
– When used with HRM-Run or HRM-Tri monitor; included with some models, sold separately on others.
– When used with a chest strap heart rate monitor.
– When paired with compatible smartphone
– When used with HRM-Swim or HRM-Tri monitor; included with some models, sold separately on others.
– Available to Garmin Connect customers who are using activity tracking features.
– Swim features are designed to work for the 4 recognized competitive swim strokes. The drill logging feature can be used for other swimming styles.